I love burgers, and I love them even more now knowing that no cruelty was involved. I am also very conscious about getting the right balance of nutrients which this meal provides. This is so good especially with the Avocado mayo I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
INGREDIENTS ( makes 6 patties )
- 2 x 400g tinned Chick peas
- 1 large sweetpotato
- 2 x cups cashew nuts
- 3-5 Tbsp chickpea flour (add more if mixture is too wet )
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (nooch) available from Holland and Barrett £3.50
- 2 Tsp cumin
- 2 Tsp curry powder
- Good sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Chai egg ( 1tsp chai seeds, 2tsp water )
1. Peel the sweet potato, cut the potato into chunks and boil for approx 20 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile into the food processor add all the other ingredients along with the cooked sweet potato.
3. Blend all the ingredients until combined. You may have to stop and scrap down the sides and blend again.
4. Once combined with a spoon scoop out enough mixture to roll a large golf ball size in your hands (if the mixture is to sticky to roll place back in food processor with more rice flour.
5. Once you have your ball place on a sheet of grease proof paper on a baking tray and then with your palm just flatten the ball to look like a burger.
6. Continue until all mixture has been used.
7. Bake in the oven at 190 for 30 minutes turning half way through cooking.
- 1 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
Place all ingredients in food processor and combine until smooth.
While the burgers are cooking in the oven slice up bread rolls of your choice.
Prepare your filling, I used little gem lettuce, cucumber and vine tomatoes.
Once the burgers are cooked place on top of your prepared rolls top with the avocado mayo and enjoy