This is my daughters favourite dinner, also a fellow vegan. This is a quick dish to cook when time is of the essence yet still really healthy, filling and tasty. Can be made using either tofu or quorn vegan chicken pieces straight from the freezer.
INGREDIENTS ( serves 4 )
- One block tofu pressed to remove moisture. ( I recommend a tofu press ). Amazon sell them, no more heavy books
- Once pressed slice in to small rectangle pieces.
- 1 Red and 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 pack sugar snap peas
- 1 pack baby corn
- 1 Zucchini sliced into sticks
- 1 white onion sliced
- 6 cloves garlic finely grated
- 1 Tbsp chai seeds
- 1 Tbsp Stir fry oil
- 8 Tbsp soy sauce
- Inch piece of grated ginger
- 500g straight to wok rice noodles
- 4tsp curry powder
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Handful frozen peas
1. In a bowl combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and coconut sugar, set aside for now.
2. Heat the stir fry oil in a large wok, once hot turn the heat down a little, and add the onions and tofu and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Now add the peppers, zucchini, sugar snap peas, frozen peas and baby corn and fry for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour in the soy sauce mixture and toss everything around until coated in the sauce.
5. Place your noodles in the wok and mix everything together. If it seems a little dry try adding a little bit of water and a splash more soy sauce.
6. When the noodles are hot through approximately 5 minutes it’s ready to serve. I always eat this with chop sticks it makes it feel more authentic.